Agility Guide V1

As I write this I'm sitting 2k xp away from 73 agility. I've made an effort to spend some time at all of the agility areas. What follows is my experience, tips and opinion about each area. This is not mean to get anyone to 99, just to help you along. As always…feedback is welcome.

Short summary: MiceàPyramidàWildernessàWerewolfà??

Course

Seconds

XP

Pts/Sec

Level

Exp/hour

Toy Mice

60

430

7.1

1

25800

Gnome

60

86.5

1.4

1

5190

Barbarians

75

153.2

2.0

35

7353.6

Pyramid

160

1014

6.3

35

22815

Brimhaven

60

400

6.6

35

24000

Penguin

60

395

6.5

30

23700

Werewolf

50

540

10.8

60

38880

Wilderness

45

571

12.6

52

45680

Monkey

45

580

12.8

48

46400

Dorgesh Kaan

TBD

TBD

TBD

TBD

TBD

What I wear: I always wear boots of lightness and Ava's Accumulator. What?!? No spotted/spottier cape? Nope. You can feel free to but here's my logic: The boots reduce my weight enough that whatever else I'm carrying registers at less then 5kg. I'm not saving a ton of run energy by losing a couple more kg. BUT…..I can gather arrows which will help me with my range. And since I hate gathering feathers and fletching I chose to wear the Accumulator. YMMV.

Toy Mice: I wish I had done this when I was starting out. You take a steel bar and a plank of wood to a level 3 crafting table. Make mice. (These are tradable and can sometimes be found for sale on forums.) Wind, release, catch. 15xp for each catch AND attempt to catch. In other words, the lower your agility the faster you get xp this way. Fastest way I've found to do this is get 28 mice. Wind and release them all at once. Find a very small room that's not busy. POH not ideal since the rooms are too big. Between the doors in the Stronghold of Security works well. Upstairs at the houses at Tai Bwo Wannai works. Small archer towers work too. The smaller the room the less chasing around you do. My best is 30 releases/catches in a minute. I gave a friend of mine 3 toy mice. He was at level 5. Took him less then 20 minutes and he was at level 20. And that's with going to find a place to work in. A friend of mine used my house to make 28 of them. He started at level 42 and within about 15 minutes he was at level 44. THIS IS THE BEST METHOD TO TRAIN UNTIL AT LEAST LATE 40's. If you are training for Legend's then lock yourself in a room with a set of toy mice and have it. Downside is that a random may take you away and you may lose your mouse.

Skullball: Requires completion of Creature of Fenkenstrain. You can start doing this at 25. Didn't time it because, well, I'm really bad at it. My friend who can do it in 3 minutes gets about 700 xp. So that works out to about 20k per hour. Better then the gnomes (EVERYTHING is better then the gnomes). Basically, wear your Ring of Charos and head just east of Canifis. Talk to the trainer, a skull will roll out. Kick it through the course. A tap is one square, kick is 5 and shoot is 7. The sooner you complete the course the more xp you get. If you really hate running laps this may work for you.

Gnomes: This is what I did. Takes 4x longer (plus much more annoying) then mice. I kept getting messed up in the branches and talking to the gnome trainer. Take a few laps to see what agility training is about but I would not train here unless you simple couldn't find any mice.

Barbarians: The barcrawl is annoying. However, you will have to do it eventually to access the Barbarian Stronghold so you may as well get it out of the way. I just got the little punch card and used it whenever I was passing through a town with a bar. Eventually got them all. Much better xp then Gnomes, still not as good as mice. Still failed some of the obstacles in my 50's. I'd suggest sticking with mice but this is a nice change of pace if you're so inclined.

Pyramid: Love it. Hated it until I hate 44. (Hadn't been there since level 38). Suddenly, I wasn't failing as much. Much faster in my 40's then Barbarian's was. Mice may or may not be faster. I'd take 12 water pouches and filled up the rest of my space with food. As I got better started substituting energy pots for food. Once you can get to the 2nd obstacle on the 2nd level in less then a minute you are getting better xp then at Barbarians. Nice break from the other training locales and the only time while training agility you will make money. I'd recommend it especially with a friend.

Penguin: The course is too long, uses up too much energy. I kept missing the click points. Tried it a couple times. Failure rate is too high and bank is too far. My favorite looking course however.

Brimhaven: Ok. Everyone says use Brimhaven as it's fast. Well….I don't believe it. (My numbers for my table come from wearing Karamja gloves and cashing in 1k tix). If you hate running laps and find this interesting go for it. I gutted it out for 1k tickets and could happily never set foot in there again. (Took me 2 months off 1x a week training for a few hours each time). People love it because when you cash in all those tickets you take a big jump. I think my 1k tickets got me from 67 to 71 (or something like that). If you miss a ticket, you set yourself back. Randoms will set you back. And it's just flat out not the fastest xp at ANY level. If you go I suggest you wear monks clothing. When you get down to about 15 hp turn on restore hp faster prayer. The prayer bonus will let you keep the prayer on longer. Eeking out every little bit. Also, if you wanted to waste them, strawberry's are 5 to a basket and 6 hp each. That's better then cakes for food. (Keep in mind, you want your hp to stay around 10. The damage you take is related to the amount of HP you have so at fully health you lose 7xp but at 15 hp you only lose 3. Lower hp, less food, longer training time.)

Wilderness: Level 49 with a pot to get in or 52. Trained from 52 to 60 here. Ok, not great. Didn't care much for the course. Got pk'ed a few times. I'd suggest it from 52 to 60. I'd try to knock it out in one big session. Two big trouble spots are the pit you fall into and the start point. You always want to keep one obstacle between you and everyone else. If you see someone fall into the pit (rope swing or balance log), STOP! Don't cross a rope swing or balance log until you see them emerge. I've seen people hiding down there waiting to jump someone who's fallen in. Wait for them to reappear. If they don't, well….either go ahead but be very wary or hop. The beginning of the course, similar issue. People will suddenly appear from the walk way and try to stab you. I usually run from the top of the climb to the pipe and crawl through. Then I catch my breath. Once I used up my supplies I didn't care if I got pk'ed and ended up back in Falador. This is the ONLY course I would recommend using a spotted cape.

Werewolf: I think this is a highly underrated course. First of all, I didn't like all the drama of the pk'ers in the wildy. This is very quiet as hardly anyone is every here. Two, you can't fail anything but the final zipline. (Don't wear any headgear). The lighter you're traveling, the less damage you take. As soon as you take your first step onto the course the trainer throws a stick. Retrieve it and give it to the guy at the end for the course bonus. Third, it's a lot easier to get here and back to a bank. I usually took 8 food and the rest of it as energy pots. The 7k less you get an hour here then Wildy is made up for in the less prep/transportation time. Plus, when I trained here, I would plant at the Port P allotment and take an ectophial. By the time I ran out of energy/food it was time to check my allotment. Good use of time.

Ape Atoll: At level 70 I failed infrequently enough. My problem…and it's just me….is that sometimes I can't tell which monkey I am and find myself running like a crazy person (monkey?). Yeah, that's a personal problem I know. I like this place, have my occasional problems finding the right spot to click on. Got some good advice to pass on: Point your compass so North is pointing to the bottom right hand corner. Then play with your camera view and if you do it just right you never have to monkey with it again. My only other problem with it, it's a pain to get to.

Dorgesh-Kaan: Tried a few laps and liked it. Another trick someone told me: Use your ignore list to note what you are supposed to grab. No intention of trying the grappling route. So far, I like it. 14 successes, 1 failure. Need more information before I have full comment on this. Like that it's near a town/bank.

No comments:

Current Stats

Hit Count

Who links to me?