Runescape Hall of Fame

A very good friend of mine recently is on break from RS. Not sure when he'll be back. I haven't been able to talk to him much since he's moved about 8 time zones away. However, reading about his break made me think. The high scores are great. They motivate people, let you check out other people's stats, keeps you into the game. Consequently, everyone lionizes Zezima, Novlyfe, Kingduffy1 and others. I'm sure they are very nice people but.....well......

I think Runescape should have a Hall of Fame. And I think that it should be based on the example that you set, what you bring to the land of Gielinor, how you've lead by example and all those other virtues. Levels are great. I'm a pretty serious skiller. Most of my close circle of friends are too. In theory, I should respect high skills more then anything else. After all, it's what I look at more then combat, quests or anything. But to be honest, it's not how I pick my friends. And it's not how you probably pick your friends either. I couldn't tell you the skill levels of my buddies. I can tell you who's the captain of their wrestling team, who's boyfriend just visited from another country, what someone's favorite dinner is etc.

So that brings me to my idea. For a Runescape Hall of Fame. Anyone and everyone is welcome to steal this idea. If you have a website of your own create a Hall of Fame. It's not for people who do a single act of kindness like give you a spade at barrows. It's for people who truly help out their fellow Runescapians by being a decent human being.

And the first person in my Hall of Fame is Mythandrune. (Yes, I never use anyone's names but it's my blog and I can make an exception.) I met Myth about a year ago. I couldn't have had 1,000 levels when we first met. I was obnoxious. That special kind of obnoxious that I see in others around the same level. You've quit getting lost every 5 minutes, you have some basic gear and you think you know it all. You run around thinking you're hot stuff because you just got to level 40 Woodcutting!!
Anways, this is how I met Myth. I'm hotshot level 1,000 knocking out a quest a day thinking that I'll have a quest cape in a month or two. Well anyways, Myth pretty much managed to teach me to pull my head out of my butt without being mean about it. He was the first one to offer to help me get supplies when I was trying to do something crazy. He patiently explained to me over and over how to get unlost from wherever I was. And if he had to, he'd come get me. I learned from him that not all higher levels are arrogant twits. And how to be helpful without babysitting. Truly a gentleman at all times. Yet, most people don't know about him. And others like him.

So do this.....go to your website/blog. Post your Hall of Fame nominee. Link to here and leave me a comment. I'll link to you. We can build a network of links with our nominees. And maybe get the word out that there's more to RS then just getting on the first page of hiscores.

Edit: If you don't have a blog or website leave a comment here. I'm going to build a wall of fame plaque.

7 comments:

Vaskor said...

Great initiative! I selected two nominees in the Reader's Digest. Thank you!

IVIilitarus said...

Do they have to be active or not...I can remember 1 who I will never forget...haven't seen him in half a year.

Jax said...

Doesn't have to be active. Just like in sports....you can retire and be memorialized.

Man said...

I nominate Neo Avatars (player moderator and the guy who does quite a bit of the guides for Sal's Realm) because he was there when I got 85 mining. I also nominate Camhen (aka Cameron in other places) for being a good man.

Anonymous said...

We're still deciding over in my 'hood. We've got it narrowed down to a mere 60 people so far.

:aware:

Anonymous said...

I have made one on my Sal's blog

Anonymous said...

You say this because you nor your friends are capable of making it to the first page of high scores.

Current Stats

Hit Count

Who links to me?