December 10, 2008

81 Strength. 10th straight day with a level I think. Not much to report. Just did my usual stuff.

So now I have a rant and some tips. I'm standing in Edge making some pots, waiting for my run to restore and trying to decide if I wanted to firemake or smith. Anyways, I'm making pots and:

Random Guy: Jaxana
Me: Yes?
Random Guy: Got any irits?
Me: Some, why?
Random Guy: Can I buy 400.
Me: No
Random Guy: I need for quest.
Me: You need 400 irits for a quest
Random Guy: Yes
Me: Go buy at GE.
Random Guy: Give me

And on it went. Until I ignored him. I don't understand why people think I should give away stuff I worked hard to put together. I don't mind giving someone a pot or food or something if they are working on a quest. But I'm not giving people free supplies. Not unless they are a friend. I've had friends help me out and I've tried to return the favor as much as possible. But a totally random person? Nope.

It seems to me that some people resent others for having more then them (cash, level, irits, whatever) and feel that they have a right to get a cut of their stuff. I worked hard for what I have. I've made plenty of mistakes, lost plenty of cash. I've put in my time to get my levels. I am not lucky, I worked for what I have. And yes, I do share with my friends. But I am not in the business of selling supplies in random banks. And I'm not interested in supplying everyone who is too lazy to go to the GE with hundreds of an item.

Having said that here's my mini guide on herb gathering:

1) Kill things. This is the answer for almost all resource gathering questions and herbs are no different. I've liked various stronghold of security creatures for this but there's plenty of guides out there if you google herblore and runescape.

2) Farm them. This is my preferred method. It takes 90 minutes to get 7 herbs per patch, or 35 for a rull round of farming. Seeds are cheap relative to herbs.

3) Steal them from the Sorceress Garden. I find this frustrating. I know people who like it.

4) Salarin the Twisted. If you have a decent (50+) mage level this should be easy. Go to the Yanille Agility dungeon with a stack of strike spells. Head SEish until you come to a pile of rubble. Climb it and go to the end. Kill Salarin. There's a safe spot but he doesn't really hit that hard. While you wait for him to respawn kill a couple chaos druids, they drop herb supplies too. Once you get 3 keys (probably 6-9 Salarin's), bank. Return with just the 3 keys. Shortly after you enter you'll see a pipe to the west. Go through and use the keys on the chest. You'll get 9 decent herbs. 3 keys=27 herbs. The chest poisons you so quickly use up your keys and bank and swig an antipoison.

5) Buy them. There is no way to make money making pots while buying all the supplies. If you want to lose money then I would suggest energy pots. Go over to the Culimancer's chest or Gnome Stronghold Bar and buy a bunch of chocolate bars. Grind them up and make pots with Harralanders.

6) Serum 207.Super slow, but profitable. Get some tarromin and ashes. Go to Mort'ton. Use it on the afflicted. They will give you cash and tarromin. Take an axe and tinderbox. Burn. Get ashes. You can stay there almost forever as you will always get more tarromin then you can use.this a lot. I think it comes down to the way you play. Definately check it out though.

2 comments:

G said...

That is easily one of my pet peeves. It seems there's so many that walk around with a sense of entitlement and get downright insulting when you don't just hand them whatever they want.

I secretly winced when they upped the trade limit. I know it kind of sucks when dealing with friends, but I felt it was a pretty valid excuse.

AndyMaster24 said...

You have always given great advice Jax. It's nice to see that someone who levels as fast as you would actually take the time to help someone, if they only ask nicely.

As usual, another leveling streak. You're a pro skiller. ;)

Current Stats

Hit Count

Who links to me?