December 7, 2008

Kept alive my streak of a level a day in December. Saturday got to 82 Thieving. In Pyramid Plunder it's always slow (to me) to get from a 0 level (70, 80) to a 1 level (71, 81). I worked on refining my thieving technique and here's how I'm doing it now:

Wear a ring of dueling and wield a Pharoah Sceptre. Tele to the pyramid and start your run. I like finding a world with 3-4 other people since you can find your door faster. Now, from levels ending in 6 to levels ending 0 (hope that makes sense) I loot the room 1 level down from my max until I have 2/3 of my time left. Then I go to my hardest room and clean it out. (You can experiment to get an idea of how much time you should leave yourself). From levels ending in 1 to levels ending in 5 I clean out the room one level below me then try to get through my max room as fast as I can. Usually this means I get all but one or two. But I also fail less so get more xp per run. Then I dueling ring to CW. Bank, sceptre back to mummy. Saves me running to the bank and then trying to find the mummy again.

Sunday I died twice at GWD due to my own stupidity. There's nothing anyone can learn from this other then that I am terrible at complex combat situations.

I went and finished my slayer task. 81 Defense. Should get a whole bunch of other combat related levels in the next few days. I train on control. Finished my 25th slayer assignment in a row.

As I was getting ready to wrap up my day I discovered that a star was going to fall soon. I got together 2 friends and we waited for it. The three of us had this level 5 all to ourself until the last level. Gained over 15k xp for 82 Mining.

On a side note: I got a Sinister Key from a Magpie a few days ago. I researched it and decided I should get 2 others before opening the chest, just to see how hard it was to do. Amazingly easy. Salarin dropped a key 2x in 5 kills. Took about 10 minutes total. Killed some chaos druids while I waited for him to respawn. Then I banked, and went with my 3 keys to the chest. Used all 3 (27 herbs) plus another 8 herbs, 2 unicorn horns and a snape grass from the druids. Not bad for ten minutes. You can only kill Salarin with mind rune spells, but it doesn't take long. I'd take a bit of food in case you run into problems the first time. Highly recommend it if you have good mage and need a bit of herbs. Definately came out ahead on it.

1 comment:

G said...

I was plundering for a while yesterday too. Our techniques are pretty similar, although I'm thinking yours is less complicated and might make more sense. Mine involves doing it in cycles of 3 runs, with a tele to recharge scepter, one to sell items to the guy by the agility pyramid and one to cwars.

Thanks for the info!

Current Stats

Hit Count

Who links to me?