February 16, 2010

More messing around in game. Mostly been doing slayer. Trying to get to 91 before the end of March. I don't want to slay in the summer when it seems that all the slayer areas are over run. So I'm thinking now is as good as time as any to get to some slaying.

Went and checked out the Familiarisation minigame that got released.

Gameplay: Dull. Normally I'm not really down on the updates and I try to accept that there needs to be something for every level. But this is just dull. First, walking. I have 99 agility. I don't like walking. Yes, I realize why they did this (read Mod Emilee's FAQ). However, I think it's lousy. Energy should behave the same as it does everywhere else in the game. Secondly, the creatures are hard to spot what the heck they are. Sorry, maybe it's me. Maybe I need a new glasses prescriptions. But for the most part I'm seeing translucent ghostie things until I'm up close. Third, it's just a slow pokey game. Walk around, pick up stuff, be careful. I wasn't very careful (ok I was semi-reckless) and ended up with 52 shards before I ran out of green bar stuff.

Rewards: I opted for the double charms. From what I've heard you get from 60-100k gp worth of stuff if you choose that option. I'm not entirely convinced that the 20 minutes I spent finding the obelisk, getting there, doing the game and getting back to a bank....I'm not entirely sure it wouldn't be better spent just slaying things.

I'll probably play this when it's convenient (ie when I'm bored, when I'm near an obelisk when it's lit up) or when I get a good charms task (waterfiends, dragons, stuff).

Oh and Jagex-I HATE the stuff that you have to wait a week for. Reset everything (Penguins, Circus, Skeletal Horror, Familiarisation, Tears) at the same time every week. Please. It's a royal pain in the rear.

No comments:

Current Stats

Hit Count

Who links to me?