Jax's Guide To Dying

Since I haven't really done anything in game to report on (done a lot in game, just no milestones) I decided to finally finish my guide to dying.

Now, if you know me at all you know I die....alot. Partly because I like to test things, partly because I just forget to take a shield or what not and partly because....well....I just do.

So having said all that this is how I handle deaths.

I have a row in my bank, the top row first tab...dedicated to items I need to have available quickly. First two spots are a net and impling jar in case someone sees a dragon or magpie impling. The rest of the spots are filled up with the following:
1 dose antifires (there's a bunch in here from when I hunt dragons and I just empty out my stuff. I never consolidate them)
Mithril axes (for deaths in Brimhaven)
Teleport crystals (to Lleyta-my 1 click tele solution)
Agility costume (used to be black d'hide. That stuff now sits in my range area. I switched it to the agility costume for the slightly better defense and the fact that it's free to replace)
Energy potions (I have a ton of these and nothing to use them for)

Now, when I die I spawn at Camelot. If I died somewhere dangerous I grab the agility costume, 2 or 3 energy pots, and a teleport crystal plus the items I need to get back to where I was. If it's somewhere safe I just grab something to get back to where I was.

Now, when I get there I have one of two options:
1) Destroy grave and grab everything. This is fastest and what I use except when I'm slaying.....
2) I get to my grave and grab the items I need for combat (remember, I kept 3 items on death. Then I start killing away again and watch the timer count down. This means I can return to the spot of my death with a full load of food, full prayer, fight til my health is down and then grab more stuff out of my grave.

And this leads me to another point. Why are people so adverse to dying? Ok, so you lose a few items all of which you can get back. Go buy the highest grave you can and then go exploring. I really don't understand people who are so afraid of dying that they never go out and really explore stuff. I know people who just won't go into the wildy. Ever. Which is crazy, it's just a piece of content. Take 3 items. Learn to watch for revs, it's just another skill.

And don't ask me about the guy I know who won't fight Jad because he's afraid to die. At Jad. Where you lose nothing.

3 comments:

chrisofour said...

I die all the time too, and while I've missed getting to my grave in time, it has never really set me back significantly. I didn't realize that you lose nothing if fighting up to Jad, great to know!

G said...

Its part of the game. On the occasions you can't get your stuff back, it sucks. However, you go out and do what you did in the first place to get whatever it was you lost. I've been mentally crushed by a few deaths, but you get over it in an hour or so. The best part is that you learn from it. Also, there's so many people playing now that its rare your grave isn't blessed.

I died last night even, at waterfiends. Had auto retaliate on and got sniped by a dragon. I got blessed by two people, gave them each a pray pot to restore their pray meter. I think people just panic too much when they die. Even when blessed. Its like, relax, make sure you have what you need, take a breath... Everything that's there in 10 minutes will be there in 59 minutes.

Alejandro said...

I just got back to playing runescape after a long time.
And i can say this, i dreaded to go into the wilderness when there was pvp, mainly cause i dont enjoy pvp, and you had no option to do or not do.
a few nights ago i did quest summers end, and enjoyed very much after dying about 15 times, and got it complete, i do like the new search function in the bank, when you have like 480 things like i do, it is very handy.

Current Stats

Hit Count

Who links to me?