July 17, 2011

99 Smithing via artisan's workshop and 99 Attack from doing some c1 floors.

Here's my notes on Artisan's Workshop, ymmv:

I think doing the tracks would be a good way with someone with less then 30 smithing to get started. It is free which at lower levels is always a good thing.

I despised cannon making so I have no thoughts on it. But try it and see how you feel, some people I talked to really liked it.

Dwarven burial armor and ceremonial swords are the only way to go at higher levels. As much because the xp/hr is good as you can see the pipes to fix.

Pipes give pretty good smithing xp, respect and are free. Highly recommend doing them when they burst.

If you are going to burial armor you can semi afk it. Yes, you won't get top level xp but it's still not bad. I did Steel Ingots I for the sake of cost until I got within 100k, then it was all Mithril II. I would suggest doing steel I to start with until you figure out what you want to do.

You can deposit ores in noted form.

You can use SC tools but don't bother. You want to earn respect too. You'll get faster xp but not faster respect.

I bought Quick Repair first. That helped a lot. Then bought the learner and student boosts from Suak.

Ceremonial swords are a good way to mix it up. It gets easier as you get higher in levels because your hits aren't so crazy. By 98 I could get a perfect sword 50% of the time.

Perfect swords are worth 120% xp. A lot more then the same materials would be for regular smithing.

I'd suggest mixing up the swords and the armour depending how much attention you want to pay to things.

I can't provide xp/hr since I kept experimenting. But it's pretty good.

I always killed the ancient armors that were coming off the wall, but I was looking for some attack xp. I don't think it's especially efficient to do it this way but if you are just playing for respect it's not bad.

I did artisan's workshop with the thought that at some time in the very distant future (2+years from now?) if I wanted a trimmed completionist cape it'd be out of the way. I still need 90 respect but I did put a big dent in it.

Once I finished up my time at the workshop I had less then 20k to 99 Attack. Normally I dungeoneer using strength but I had some low floor dungeons to do so I ran through them with friends and quickly got 99 Attack.

No comments:

Current Stats

Hit Count

Who links to me?