May 22, 2010

Got to 59 Dungeoneering. Been following the debate over on Runescoop (www.runescoop.com) about dungeoneering and the fastest way to do it. I've been dungeoning on weekends only since it's just one of those skills that works best with a block of time.

It seems that there are people who want to wring every bit of xp out of each dungeon, and others that want to just get through the floors quickly. (There's a whole discussion on runescoop about the quickest ways to do floors and which you should solo or do in a group, very interesting if you are into dunegeoneering at all).

Personally, I like to go with the people I like otherwise I'll solo. If I add a stranger it's usually when I'm with friends and we set it assuming that the stranger is going to ditch us. If they stay, good....if not....we're not stranded.

I'm not one to wring out xp, I want to get in and get out fast. I'm pretty convinced the fastest way is to just bypass all creatures except those you have to kill for guardian doors. The couple of % you give up for not killing all monsters is tiny compared to the time you save. I will, however,kill anything below level 50 just to get the supplies. It's fast and if I have a familiar I can do it in 2-3 blows.

But there is one other skill (then dungeoneering) that I like to work while doing dungeons-summoning! Now that you only need the second and the charm it's a great skill to work down there. The familiars are very helpful, especially in the boss fights. I'm biased towards making the stormbringers. I use a poisoned spear and the stormbringers bring magic to the party. One of the people I dungeon with likes to range. Makes for a pretty formidable group. Plus, making a blue charm familiar gives me 800 or so xp. As good as anything on the surface for FREE! Yup, that's why I do it. Combination of free and highly useful. Most of the people I go with don't complain because I'm pretty upfront about this. And since it's shared xp it benefits them and takes an extra couple of seconds (save up all cash and valuables, when at smuggler buy a runeleaf, tag the obelisk). If I'm buy myself I'll make more, if others are waiting on me I'll speed it up (unless they go afk, then I make all I can).

No comments:

Current Stats

Hit Count

Who links to me?